ARDFERN, ARGYLL – CORRYVRECKAN WHIRLPOOL – WILDLIFE WATCHING – WHALE WATCHING
Skipper/wildlife guide, Lindsay Johnston, invites you aboard his latest vessel , Venturer, to view the abundant wildlife and spectacular scenery of the Sound of Jura and Firth of Lorn Special Area of Conservation, a wildlife feeding hot spot.
All trips include the Gulf of Corryvreckan, the site of the worlds third largest tidal whirlpool.
For the best dates to see Corryvreckan Whirlpool in action see whirlpool-scotland.co.uk
See contact page for MAP AND DIRECTIONS TO ARDFERN. We are based at Ardfern Yacht Centre 22 miles South of Oban, 16 miles North of Lochgilphead.
All trips are subject to weather and demand
Dogs : well behaved dogs welcome by prior arrangement, please call to check in your dog before booking online.
- Bring sunscreen and sunglasses, even on cool days the reflected rays of the sun can cause sunburn.
- Bring warm and waterproof clothing; it is colder at sea than on land and our weather can be changeable.
- Bring your camera; there will be ample photo opportunities. Make sure you have charged batteries !
- We regret that due to covid 19 restrictions we are currently unable to provide binoculars so please bring you own.
- We regret that due to covid 19 restrictions we are currently unable to provide refreshments, please bring your own.